Thank you for choosing Buenafe Clinic.
Your patient experience is very important to us, and this includes your safety during the COVID-19 outbreak. Please review the following information below for your benefit.
We have been keeping careful tabs on the spread of COVID-19. In keeping with recommendations from the CDC, we have implemented policies to help maintain “social distancing” to keep you safe while visiting our office.
Newborn / Infant Circumcision
Parents please confirm that you have already watched our online preoperative counselling video before coming to the clinic. You will be promptly directed to one of the procedure rooms upon arrival, and our staff will counsel you on the procedure, address your other questions and prepare your baby.
This will minimize contact with other parties. Once the procedure is done you will remain in this room for observation and be discharged as appropriate. We highly recommend keeping accompanying adults to the minimum – preferably parents only.
Boy / Adolescent and Adult Circumcision
Upon arrival you will be directed to one of the procedure rooms and our staff will counsel you on the procedure, address your other questions and prepare you for surgery. Once the procedure is done you will remain in this room for observation and be discharged as appropriate. We highly recommend keeping accompanying relatives to the minimum.
On Surgery Day
- You are encouraged to have your vasectomy as scheduled. Upon your arrival you will be promptly directed to the procedure room and this normally keeps social contact to a minimum during your visit. We follow CDC-approved protocols for disinfecting office spaces, and our waiting room is spacious enough that it does not usually feel crowded.
- If you have a fever or a cough, please reschedule your appointment. For the sake of other people around you, anyone with a cough or fever is encouraged to stay home.
- If you have a serious chronic condition, please reschedule your appointment. Examples of serious chronic conditions are lung disease, heart disease, compromised immune system, etc. People with these conditions are encouraged to pay special attention to social distancing.
- If you decide to stay at home and not have your vasectomy, feel free to reschedule ahead of time.
- Your wife or girlfriend can still come with you during your vasectomy, but we encourage other people to wait outside in the car. For example, if you bring your wife so she can be with you during the procedure, and the children too, please bring another adult to stay with the children in the car.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Monitoring For COVID-19 Symptoms
Persons can monitor themselves by self-screening for:
- Difficulty breathing
If your self-screen is POSITIVE, do the following:
- Stay at home
- Contact your family physician/local health unit for further direction
- Call our office to reschedule your appointment
Measures Taken by Buenafe Clinic
The health of our clients and staff is a priority, so we have taken precautionary steps to lessen the public health risk associated with COVID-19.
These steps include:
- implementing COVID-19 screening for our clients
- providing hand sanitizer to our patients
- sanitizing treatment rooms with medical grade disinfectant
- sanitizing waiting rooms and high traffic areas with medical grade disinfectant
We will continue to monitor developments regarding the virus moving forward. We appreciate your understanding and support in ensuring a safe environment for everyone.